Saturday 24 April 2010

Gold Imperial Fist Terminators


Back when I painted my Salamanders army, my initial idea was to paint an Imperial Fist list. The test mini that i painted looked dire, though, and so I opted for the green of the Salamanders. This week I decided to have another go with them - just on an initial 500pt and then 1k list - after listening to the Dark King audiobook, thinking that it would be good practice in painting lighter-toned minis. I then had the brainwave: why not paint them in gold like they are described in the fluff? Using a combination of Montana Gold spray and GW shining gold drybrushed, I have painted up 5 termis as test models and am pretty happy with the result. They are bright but with the washes etc. they still look like I have painted them (for better or worse)

My initial list is:

HQ
Captain Lysander

Elites
5 Terminators (powerfists & powersword)

Troops
5x Scouts (missile launcher & teleport homer)

5x Tactical Squad (4 bolters; inc. Sergeant with powerfist)
Razorback (T/L lascannon)

10x Tactical Squad (flamer)
Rhino (stormbolter)

Fast Attack
Land Speeder (multi-melta & stormbolter)

No comments:

Post a Comment